Here is all the info you need to know for the pepband's fourth annual Pepband Retreat! |
It will take place before Welcome Week, so we can be ready to go for all the
events that take place that week. The retreat is also a chance for the
pepband to bond, give incoming freshman a smooth transition into
college & band life, and to just have some good old fashioned fun!
Please note the retreat is NOT mandatory, however we'd love to have as
many people come as possible! The retreat is open to both returning pepbanders as well
as (of course) incoming freshman.
Interested? Then go ahead and sign up today!
New to the band? Make sure to sign up for the e-mail lists so
you can stay up to date on what's going on.
For those of you without a place to stay, we will be hosting you in
various pepbanders' apts to make sure you have a place to sleep.
Stuff to bring:
- Your instrument
- Money for two fast food meals ($10-$15)
- $35 dollars if you plan on buying your T-shirt/Hawaiian shirt/music at the retreat. These are $45 during the normal school year, so it's a $10 discount!
- Blankets/Sleeping Bag, Pillows, Toiletries etc. if you're staying at another pepbander's house. Don't forget a change of clothes as well!
Questions? Concerns? Comments? Feel free to e-mail the officers to receive some enlightenment.
Here is the official schedule for this year:
Tuesday, September 16
- 11:00am - 11:30pm Checkin/Registration @ Price Center.
- Try and be here sometime in this half hour. There's lots of leeway for time to get lost and figure out where you're going!
- 11:30pm - 12:00pm Lunch @ Price Center.
- Grab some food and get to know each other.
- 12:00pm - 3:00pm First Rehearsal @ RIMAC Green Room.
- One hour rehearsal, one hour sectional, one hour rehearsal.
- 3:00pm-4:00pm Fun & Games on RIMAC Field
- Ultimate, Soccer and some other fun games
- 4:00pm-5:00pm Rehearsal #2
- Relax, play some games, have fun.
- 5:30pm-7:00pm Dinner!
- 7:30pm-9:00pm Rehearsal #3
- 9:00pm - Bonfire @ La Jolla Shores.
- S'mores, Games, and a burninated Turkey.
Wednesday, September 17
- 8:00am Wakeup! Make sure you can shower etc. for today.
- 10:00am - 10:30am Breakfast in front of RIMAC.
- 10:30am - 12:00pm Rehearsal #4 (North RIMAC Field)
- 12:00pm - 2:00pm BBQ @ Doyle Park.
- 2:30pm - 7:00pm Rehearsal & a Movie @ Great Hall!
- We'll be showing one of our band favorites.
- 7:00 pm - 8pm Dinner @ Cotixan's
- 8pm - whenever Laser Tag or another fun activity
- If you need a place to stay for the rest of the weekend, let us know.