Hey Pep Band,
Spirit week is upon us! Which means it is time to amp up the spirit to level 11, and bring on the cheer (I don’t know what any of that means, but 10 points if you can spot the Spinal Tap reference). It also means, Pep Band Alumni Weekend! So take a look at what we have going on for the week:
Tuesday, 7:45 P.M. – Rehearsal – RIMAC Arena
- Time to polish those dance moves, oil up the valves, and replace the pads on your keys. Make sure you are sounding your best before the big night!
Thursday, 12:00 P.M. – Spirit Rally, Price Center Quad
- Athletics is putting on their annual spirit rally, which means we get to showcase our talents, lets think of it as a mini spirit night, except not in the gym, without 2/3 of the attendance, and no alumni. Ok, so think of it what you want, but be sure to be there so we can show the campus who we are and that spirit night is awesome because of us (and I guess the athletic teams). Also, it is only an hour, max, so come on out and show your spirit!
Friday, 4:30 P.M. – Spirit Night!!!! BASKETBALL DOUBLE HEADER, RIMAC Arena
- Come on out for the big night, starting with the women’s basketball, at 5:30. Our theme is the now traditional “SUPER HAWAIIAN”, so go crazy with decorations. We are getting there a little earlier than normal, because we have decorations to set up, so please come help set up, get into your spirit gear, (hula skirts, and face paint) and make sure to bring what ever costumes you can get for the night! Oh and we are playing Cal State LA, so be prepared to tell them how sad it is that they couldn’t make it to UCLA.
Friday – 10:00 p.m. Social Event
- After the game we will go and hang out with the Alumni, since we haven’t seen a lot of them in so long! Be sure to talk to Rose about attendance for the hang out. If you haven’t talked to her yet, please do so and be prepared to do so on Tuesday!
Saturday – Alumni BBQ – Location TBA 12:00 – 4:30 p.m.
- With spirit week comes the Annual Alumni BBQ! This event is a ton of fun because we get to chat with the alumni and hear old stories (kinda like when Kirk and Jeff talk about the band) Rides will be at Sun God at 11:30. Be sure to be there, you won’t want to miss it!
Saturday – 4:45 P.M. – Basketball Double Header – RIMAC Arena
- After our lovely alumni bbq, we will be heading back together for the double header to cheer on our teams once again. We are playing Cal State Dominguez Hills, which means we get to tell them how sad it is that they couldn’t make it into Cal State LA.
Sunday Feb 5th- 10:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. (GRADUATING SENIORS ONLY)
- After a long and busy weekend we get to end our weekend with the Alumni & Graduating Senior Brunch at Casa de Guadalajara. It is for graduating seniors and alumni only, so if you are either of those be sure to be there.
See you all Tuesday.
Manager, UCSD Pep Band